HOW TO SET UP A COINBASE WALLET
You want to be able to securely store your Bitcoin Cash, receive your Bitcoin mining rewards, and keep it all safe from hackers. You Coinbase wallet also allows you to receive payments from others and pay them back using your own wallet.
But the process of setting up a wallet may feel confusing if you are new to Crypto. Here, we will show you how to set-up a Coinbase wallet and how to receive your payments or rewards! Let’s get started:
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
- 18 years or older
- A government-issued photo ID (passports are not accepted)
- A phone number connected to a smartphone to receive SMS messages
- Direct connection to the internet from a computer or smart device
- The latest operating system and browser on the devise setting up the account.
CREATE AN ACCOUNT
You can create an account either online or via the app.
Important: Coinbase does not recommend accessing Coinbase via a smartphone browser.
- Click or tap Get started.
- Fill in the following information:
- Legal full name (as it appears on your Government issued ID)
- Email address
- Current State
- Select Set Up Account.
- Coinbase will send you a verification email to your registered email address. Access your email and follow the steps to verify your email address.
- Sign into Coinbase and enter your phone number when prompted. You will be sent a verification code via SMS to the phone number you entered. Follow the verification prompts.
ADD PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Enter the information shown on your valid government-issued photo ID
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Provide accurate information to the following questions:
- What do you use Coinbase for?
- What is your source of funds?
- Current Occupation
- Last 4 digits of SSN
- Tap or select Continue to finish the process.
This completes the application process to set-up a new Coinbase wallet. You will receive an email from Coinbase on the next steps to verify your identity.
Once your identity is confirmed, you can link a payment method or bank to begin transferring and receiving funds via your new Coinbase Wallet.